Football Drill Demonstration
This is a great little warm-up routine if you're short on time as it combines:
- Goalkeeping warm-up
- A Rondo is set-up and played with optional defenders (yellow).
- The coach (red) warms up the keeper with throws, catches, low shots etc.
- At random times the coach calls a player's name from the Rondo. And plays a lay-off pass.
- That player then has 3 secs to leave the Rondo and shoot on goal.
- Players must be aware at all times in case his name is called.
- Players must respond with pace and accuracy to score.
- Goalkeeper has to adapt his position for the player's shot.
- Players must keep the Rondo going at all times.
Rondos can be progressed by:
- Adding defenders.
- Incorporate movement - follow your pass or move 2 places to the right after your pass.