Football Drill Demonstration
Pressure, Support and Cover
to improve defensive positioning
7 cones serveral balls minimum of 6 players
- the practice starts with 3 defenders each standing by a red (danger) cone.
- an attacker decides if he is to attack on right, left flanks or down middle.
- as the attacker advances down the pitch. the defensive unit has to decide who is to press, support and cover still keeping there defensive shape.
- if the attacker manages to pass the defensive unit and enters the box he can score.
Key Points for Defenders
- Closest defender pressurizes the ball
- Closest defender delays or slows down the attacker
- other defenders offer support and cover to the pressing defender