Sometimes, defending deep is the best option to weather a storm and protect a lead. This advance session sets up your players to be comfortable in this situation and teaches them how to stay disciplined to stay compact.
- Advanced session working on specifically deep defending and job roles for individuals, units and the team as a whole.
- Players will receive clear information and pictures of roles and responsibilities when defending deep and how to block penetrative balls.
- Drop & recovering, narrow and compact, line of retreat, sliding and screen forwards, composure and concentration.
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of 17 -21.
- Phase of play – defending deep.
To provide players with detailed technical and tactical information in relation to session topic and recreate realistic scenarios to aid their understanding and development