Defend Against Counter Attacking
Often teams like to sit in and defend deep to draw you out before hitting you on the counter. It’s important to not leave yourself too exposed when you attack so with this session, develop your players understanding of their positioning and how to cover to be able to dictate the play when the opposition manage to mount a counter attack.
What’s in the Session?
- Session focused on defending counter attacks as individuals, units and a team.
- Players will recognise triggers of transition and react accordingly to recover and defend against counter attacks.
- Recovery runs, deny, delay, deflect, defend, body position to dictate play.
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of U17 – U21.
- Defending practice 2 v 2 and 3 v 3
To coach the team and develop players understanding on how to defend against counter attacks in different areas of the pitch, and recover quick to deflect play.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more