Attackers - First line of defence
Look at Klopp’s teams, the style they adopt is a high pressing, high intensity pressing game where their forwards put the pressure on from the front, not allowing the opposition to get close to their defence. Get your attackers into the mentality of defending from the front with this session.
What’s in the Session?
- Session focused on coaching attackers to deny opposition defenders to play out from the back / dictate the direction of play to help secure the ball back.
- Players will develop the understanding and application of the movements and triggers required to be the first line of defence and help to initiate winning possession back.
- Starting positons, pressure on the ball, body angle and position, decision making.
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of U17 – U21.
- Advanced technical practice / function
To coach and develop attackers/forward players to be the first line of defence for their team when out of possession.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more