1 v 1 Finishing against goalkeepers
Intercepting the padd is a great way to turn defence into attack in a flash. Develop your players mindset to be marking tight and ready to step in front of their opposing player so you can spring counter attacks against an unstructured defence. It?s a great way to stay tight and compact in your own defence too.
What?s in the Session?
- Session focused on specific techniques to beat goalkeepers in 1 v 1?s.
- Players will develop movements to create goal scoring opportunities 1 v 1 with the goalkeeper and be able to decide the appropriate shot selection..
- Change of pace, directions of run, observation of GK, decision making (pass/shoot).
- The session is aimed at age U16+
- Finishing Practice - 1 v 1
To coach and encourage players to feel confident in 1 v 1 situations with the goalkeeper and provide them with detailed pointers of how to be decisive in front of goal.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more