Cricket Drill Demonstration
A. For batsmen (running between the wickets)
1. Loud, quick positive calling.
2. Changing hands always looking at the ball. Never turning blind.
3. Non-striker backing up.
4. Run the first run fast.
5. Do not run past the crease after one run (because you might have to run again.)
6. Run with bat arm stretched out in front of you.
7. Hold the bat handle at the end.
8. Run your bat in over the line.
B. For fielders (creating pressure, stopping singles)
1. Walking in, Threatening
2. Pace to the ball.
3. Watch the ball into your hands under pressure.
4. Always back up other fielders and the wicket keeper.
5. Get to the bowlers end to take an incoming throw.
6. Know when not to throw.
7. Know when to throw over the top of the stumps and when to hit them.
8. Remain focused when under pressure.
Think! I must stop the single and build pressure for the batting side. Then I will force them into losing a wicket - and maybe the match!