Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: Develop different methods to transfer the ball to specific areas of the pitch.
- Mark out a 40 x 40/50 x 50 (age and ability dependant).
- Squad practice - 16 players
- 2 players from each team opposite each other one playing one way and the others playing the other way.
- Remaining players 6 v 6 inside area.
- 2 balls per team.
- Transfer the ball around the area from one end to the other through the outside players.
- Decision/A & D of support/Acc & Qual of pass.
- Quality of movement on/off the ball.
- Supporting long pass of neutral players.
- Quick combination play.
- Defending as a group/compactness.
- Collective pressure/communication/positioning.
Drill tags: communication, football, movement, pass, passing, soccer, support