Cricket Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- Mark out a boxing ring/ square with cones.
- Coach or someone trained in using pads to have a set of pads. Player to have a set of boxing gloves.
- Moving around the marked out ring/square with legs in your batting stance.
- Pads are to be shown and player with the gloves is to react and punch the pad. Opposite hand to pad shown.
- Coach to throw in some swings with the pads so that the players have to react and duck.
- Encourages fast footwork, fast hands and fast reactions for avoiding the ball.
- Keep players moving.
- As they get better you can speed up the presentation of the pads.
- Ensure players are striking hard and connecting well with the pad (should make a good loud noise when glove connects with the pad).