Cricket Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- Set up 3 different coloured cones midway down the wicket going across.
- From a bobble feed.
- Hit the ball and hold the shape whilst taking steps in the line of the shot till the cones are met.
- Players to have 2 shots each before rotating.
- Once players have a feel for it, move on to the progression- calling the colour of the cone.
- Holding the shape to get a feel for the correct shape.
- Back foot turned in.
- Head is forward and over the ball and leaning into it. Not to0 upright.
- Hit the ball out in front of your foot.
- As player has vocalised the intention of the line of the shot, coaches are able to identify if the batter is misaligned.
- Once batters have a feel for holding the shame, have them call the colour of the cone in the line of where the intended shot will go. Eg if straight ball then call the middle cone.
- After calling the cone colour, hit the ball in the direction intended, hold the shape whilst taking steps in the line of the shot till the cones are met.