Cricket Drill Demonstration
(see c50024a & c50024b for more info)
Set up for the practice
Think enjoyment minimises boredom and encourages repetition (repetition -> development)
1. Set up practice as shown in diagram.
2. Markers on the floor for fielders to stand on, should be 3 metres from the batsman. Be strict on this point - safety.
3. Mark out the target area for feeder to aim at for the back foot defence.
4. Ideal number for each group is 4-5 players -maximun activity
5. Feeder kneels 7-10 paces from the batsman.
6. Feeder says \"Bat Up!\", then feeds a dart feed, standing up, throwing from head height downwards. The ball should be aimned to bounce once and between the batsman's waist and chest height.
7. Each group has 3 balls.
8. Ideal duration of practice: 20-30 mins.