Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: To develop the understanding of movements both on & off the ball.
- Mark out a 30 x 30 / 40 x 40 area (age & ability dependant).
- Organise players into 2 teams of 8.
- 3 v 3 2 floaters on the inside
- 2 x 4 target players on the outside.
- The floating players play for the team in possession.
- Players must make 8 passes to score a goal.
- Creating space as a team.
- Switch play to keep possession by moving the ball into areas where the space is greater.
- Quality of touch & pass.
- Angle and distance of support.
- Turning and shielding the ball.
- Body position to receive / move the ball.
- Forward runs as practice is developed.
Drill tags: football, movement, passing, possession, receiving, soccer