Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: Developing practice above with team based small sided game.
- Increase area to 50 x 50.
- Split the players into 3 groups of 5 1 floater.
- Each team has a ball and plays at the same time.
- Teams transfer the ball around the area with the objective of the game to try and pass to a team mate through central square.
- Teams must decide when it is possible to do this and when they must move the ball elsewhere.
- Body position to receive the ball and transfer quickly.
- Disguise in passing.
- Running off the ball to receive pass.
- Keep the ball moving.
- Move the ball off the line to ensure angled passes.
- Angles & distance of support.
- Switch play to keep possession by moving the ball into areas where there is greater space.
Drill tags: football, movement, passing, receiving, small sided game, soccer