Cricket Drill Demonstration
Rules of the practice
1. All shots to be executed with two hands (top hand dominant).
2. Each player has 8-10 balls, then all rotate clockwise.
3. Give groups 2-3 coaching points to work on.
4. Have about 3-4 rounds each (depending on time limit).
5. Make the last round competitive; see who can hit all balls through target area along the ground. Fielders must stop the ball.
6. If players leave the ball they get another ball. If they play and miss they do not.
7. If players delibrately play cross-batted shots on leg side they lose that round. (Be strict on this point - safety).
8. If a player hits the ball into the air, over the fielders, it does not count and they lose that ball.
9. On the competitive round, if a player gets out, all change.
Do not set up groups too close to one another - think safety! Coach positions himself where he can monitor all groups safely.