Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: To defend as individuals and as a unit to stop the team in possession dribbling the ball over the defensive line.
- Mark out 30 x 18 area - Using specific part of the pitch as shown in diagram.
- 16 players required.
- 3 v 3 pressing practice which the aim is for the attacking team to dribble the ball over the opposite defending line & then switch.
- 2 GK's are servers, always playing the ball into the attacking team.
- Coach only one team (selecting players prior).
- Pressing - speed, angle, body shape & position, depth & distance.
- Defending as a unit, communication between both defenders and attackers is key.
- Stay compact & narrow - depth and balance of defending shape.
- Angles & distance of support & cover.
- In line with the ball & goal - nearest player engages.