Football Drill Demonstration
- Phase of play designed to teach how to play out from the back in a 9v9 game.
- Focusing on GK,CB's and LW/RW players that drop in.
- Establish possesion from the GK playing out the ball and object of the game is to find a way out to the target red's on the half way line.
- Ball always starts from the GK.
- Establish team shape working with blues before ball is played from the keeper.
- Coach GK (speed of play, accuracy + weight of pass and supporting angle for the CB once ball is played)
- Coach CB's to split at the edge of the box and to have an open body shape.
- CB's to recieve the ball on the back foot and get head up and scan options.
- Decision making weather to dribble, pass, or set back to keeper to switch to otherside.
- Coach central CB to make themselves an option on the ball for a 1/2 touch pass into CM or LW/RW.
- Coach RW/LW to drop to be an option on the ball for the CB's.
- LW/RW open bodyshape to recieve the ball/backfoot and dribble or pass to find a way out to the target red's.
- Coach covering CB's when ball is played to the opposite side, to make sure we are protected incase we lose possesion.
- If red's win the ball back they can go and score at anytime.
- Progess it to, once the ball is played out to the red target player, the red taget player can now join in and try and score straight away.