Cricket Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- In pairs, one player with a football feeding and one with a bat in their stance.
- Feeder to throw the ball out slightly in front of the batter and high enough for them to header it.
- Batter to return the ball with a header, with the head leading the player should be automatically stepping into the header.
*COACHING EXAMPLE 0.49*
- Encourages batters to move towards the ball leading with their head. Allows batters to work the movement pattern out by themselves.
- Good drill for players who are leading with their legs and feet first.
- Batters can work on this drill individually.
- Bounce the football against a wall and, as before, leading with their head, step towards the ball and header it.