Intercepting the padd is a great way to turn defence into attack in a flash. Develop your players mindset to be marking tight and ready to step in front of their opposing player so you can spring counter attacks against an unstructured defence. It’s a great way to stay tight and compact in your own defence too.
What’s in the Session?
- Advanced session concentrating on intercepting passes all over the pitch.
- Players will develop an understanding of how to get organised, make it difficult for the opposition to play through them and intercept passes.
- Reading play, low carriage and sliding, quick footwork to intercept, reacting to ball.
- The session is aimed at age U16+
- Opposed interception practice.
To coach players how to organise themselves and a team to help intercept passes in different areas of the pitch and turnover play.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more