Individual defensive awareness
Awareness as a defender is arguably their most vital asset. The best defenders don’t need to make last ditch tackles as their game and positional awareness allows them to slow the game down and kill attacks before they get too dangerous. Develop your defenders positional and match awareness.
What’s in the Session?
- Session focused on defending principles to stop, block or slow down attacks from the opposition.
- Players will be able to organise themselves and prepare to adjust accordingly depending on ball position, attackers movement, area of the pitch, space around.
- Evaluate and prioritise threat, adjustment to triggers and movement, body positon on approach, decision making.
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of U17 – U21.
- Skill practice – individual defensive awareness.
To coach and develop players awareness of the opposition when defending play whilst in balance and organised.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more