Football Drill Demonstration
Lofted passes are great for clearing your lines, switching play or dinking the ball over the top to a striker who is making a run behind the other team's defensive line.
Approach the ball at a slight angle, back swing of leg (using arms for balance) and follow through with your pass.
- Non-kicking foot should be level with the ball.
- Player's weight slightly back
- Strike the ball with ridge above your big toe
- Follow through of kicking leg across the body
- Kick the ball with the instep
You can practice this individually or in pairs over increasing distances.
Note: Lofted passes can be risky and easily intercepted. Where possible players should look to use the easy option and pass along the floor.