Football Drill Demonstration
Objective: Application of running with the ball in a small sided game format.
- Use a box - box area on a pitch or set up 50 x 70 (older players).
- Split up the players into 6 v 2 in 2 end zones.
- Players in group 1 run with the ball to group 2 across the central zone.
- 2 defenders enter the zones once the ball and players have arrived.
- Positive first touch out of your feet into central zone.
- Head up and awareness once into opposite end zone.
- Use laces to run with the ball.
- Maximise running speed when running through central zone.
- High intensity running.
Drill tags: close control, control, dribbling, football, running with the ball, soccer