Football Drill Demonstration
Players dribble the ball in and out of the sticks, running around the outer cones before turning sharply back in and dribbling through the next pair of sticks.
There's lots of ways you can modify this practice (see progressions below).
- Players can only face one way, so they must dribble the ball through the first gate whilst facing forwards and then use the sole of their feet to drag the ball backwards through the next gate.
- Increase / decrease distance between poles to make easier / harder.
- Players can only use their weaker foot
- Players can only use a particular part of their foot (sole, laces, instep, outstep...)
- You can add a shooting test elelment to the end of the dribble to make the drill more match-like