Cricket Drill Demonstration
**AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON**
- Wicketkeeper starts with the ball and rolls out the the fielder in the square leg position.
- Square leg fielder picks up the ball and aims a throw at the ramp.
- Fielder at point gets in line with the throw and catches/collects the ball from the throw and then releases a throw at the non-strikers end single stump.
- Mid-on fielder backs up this throw and gives an underarm throw to the extra cover fielder who has moved im behind the non-strikers end stump.
- Extra cover completes the drill by throwing the ball back into the wicketkeeper.
- Throwing technique should be side on with front arm pointing towards the target.
- The single stump throw from the point fielding position should be aimed at the base of the stumps.
- Fielder backing-upin the mid-on position should be walking in ready to receive the throw.
- The long-barrier should be used if the ball is bobbling around.
- Can challenge the players to reach a set amount of points. Points can be given for a clean catch or pickup or when the single stump is hit.
Drill tags: ground fielding, catch, throw, backing-up, single stump