Cricket Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- Set up two cones half way down the wicket, one central and one leg side.
- Feed from a bobble feed.
- Batter to hit from the front foot drive set position, knees and feet facing down the wicket, and aiming for one of the two cones.
- If the shot is an on drive (towards left cone), batter to hold the shape, and take small steps towards the direction of the shot to the cone.
- If the shot is a straight drive (middle cone), batter to simply hold the shape.
- Ensure feet and knees are facing down the wicket. "Laces down the wicket".
- Shoulder out of the way for an open chest.
- Head over the front foot and ensure players are not stepping too far across so that good balance is maintained.