Cricket Drill Demonstration
(see c50016 & c50016b for more info)
Rules of the practice
1. Each player has 8-10 feeds, then all rotate clockwise.
2. Give groups 2-3 coaching points to work on.
3. Have about 3-4 rounds each (depending on time limit).
4. For the first round of 8-10 play every other shot with the top hand only (to show the importance of the top hand).
5. Make the last round competitive: try to survive all 8-10 feeds without getting out. If you're out, change round.
6. On the practice round, players get another feed if one goes wide. On the competitive round, have 8-10 feeds whether players leave the ball or play and miss.
7. If a player deliberately plays an attacking shot he loses that round of 8-10 feeds. (Be strict on this point - safety.)
Don't set up groups too close to one another - think safety! Coach positions himself where he can monitor all groups safely.