Soccer Drill Demonstration
Initial pulse raiser to prepare players both physically and mentally for the session. Mark out a 30 x 20 area.
- Players are spilt into 2 groups and begin by jogging in pairs to the far corner of each area and back down the sides to rejoin the group.
- Introduce dynamic flexibility movements such as (calf swings, straight leg jogging, hamstring volleys, thigh volleys, heel to buttocks, groin abductors / adductos, lunges.
- Sprint to top corner
- Sprint to middle cone
- Diagonal to top cone
- Return to back of queue
- Dynamic flexibility movements should be performed until players feel muscle tightness not pain.
- Emphasis on quality of movement first, then speed.
- Gradually increase tempo and intensity of activation
Drill tags: warm up