Handball Drill Demonstration
After being passed the ball by the feeder/coach the attackers (blue 2 and blue 3) try to pass their way past the defenders.
The two attackers (blue 2 and 3) can only attack against one defender, but the defenders can defend against either attacker (so they can support and back each other up to keep the attackers out).
The defenders should be looking to win the ball - either through an interception or by knocking it away.
Allow attackers to shoot on goal if they create a clear shooting opportunity.
Defending in a personal duel
- Take small steps forward.
- arms are slightly bent and in front of you
- Make contact with bent arms on shoulder of trunk of opponent.
- Press and guide the attacker.
- Bent knees, front part of feet.
- Make short but fast side-steps.
- Control the attacker from the front.