Swimming Drill Demonstration
- Looking at noodle position and body position with kicking.
- Hold the noodle under the arms, with the curve and a'window' at the front. Kick frontcrawl leg kick to other side of the pool.
- See how they do. Split into 2 group accordingly:
- G1 - those with effective leg kick
- G2 - those struggling to move through the water
- If demonstrating good body position with a noodle, move onto 2 floats and continue with same exercises above.
- Legs should be straight, with action starting from the hip and a slight bend in the knee
- Floppy ankles
- Encourage them to makes splashes with their feet, but ensure feet don't come too far out of the water
- Endeavour to get faces in water, eyes looking down. If not confident enough to do this, ensure kicking is done with chin on water to encourage good body position
- Face in the water, eyes looking down and forwards
- Breathing out in the water, lift head to breathe in