Level 1 - Lesson 1: Frontcrawl (water confidence)
Children love to have fun and learning to swim shouldn't be any different. That's why this session has been developed to not only cover the key skills your children will need to learn to swim, but also to discover new ways of delivering this information.
What are we working on in this Session?
Never coached swimming before? Not a problem. This simple to follow session plan contains clear descriptions, videos and illustrations to improve your young swimmer's water confidence through simple tasks, games and repetition.
- Introduce swimmers to water and improve their body position on the front
- Introduce kicking on the front using an alternate freestyle leg-kick
- Improve confidence in the water
Plan your own session - Try it now
If you're still not sure find out more about how to plan your own lesson plans here:
- Watch the Sportplan Session Builder tutorial or you can
- Download the detailed Sportplan User Guide (PDF)
Visit the Swimming Session Shop for more great lesson plans like this