Soccer Drill Demonstration
- Set up 3 service points around the goal. Make sure one is central and two others either side
- One GK working. Servers should take it in turns to drill the ball from the floor to the working GK.
- GK saves/catches the ball and returns it to where the kick came from.
- GK returns quickly to set position for the next shot.
- Good for outfield players to work at striking the ball at the target too.
- GK should be in line with the server when ball is kicked.
- GK should have weight forward and on their toes when in the set position.
- GK to dive facing out and forward. Adjust hands to flight of the ball.
- Dive with nearest hand.
- GK to move feet before going into the dive if required and not dive straight from the set position as this will limit how much of the goal is covered.
Drill tags: shooting, goalkeeping, catching, diving, save