Soccer Drill Demonstration
- Two GKs working in 2 seperate goals at 90 degrees to each other.
- Two servers in central positions and two servers in wide positions.
- GKs begin facing the post and both turn in from the post at same time and then deal with a shot.
- GK1 and GK2 then cross over and get a shot from opposite server in wide positions.
- The focus is on the speed of movement between the 2 positions and drive to recover.
- Both GKs need to pick a direct route but make sure they avoid eachother when crossing over. This can replicate a busy penalty area.
- Correct timing of dive to get some part of the body in line. GKs should not dive to early. It should be a reaction save to the second shot.
Drill tags: two goal recovery, goalkeeping, recovery, save, dive