Handball Drill Demonstration
Out of the turning movement you make a movement forward with your trunk bent forward.
1. Take off with one or two feet.
Bend forward with ankle, knee and hip, trunk bent forward, eyes to the goal.
2. After the shot both arms touch the floor because directly after the shot the landing takes place.
3. There must be a fast bending of the arm to cushion the fall, the trunk is brought forward and the head is in the neck.
4. Both legs are bent almost 90 degrees, feet upward. Slide forward on the floor when the chest touches the floor. Head in the neck.
5. Chest, belly and upper leg slide on the floor, while the arms push the body along the floor.
6. The body slides forward, while elbows and wrists are completely bent.
Players are too frightened to dive and fall.
How to correct it?
Use games and exercises to get them used to diving, falling, rolling, landing.
The jump is too high:
Bend your knees bent and keep body low.
Body is not stretched while diving:
Stress during the exercises the importance of a stretched back
Landing on the knees:
Improve timing and ensure body is not too high from the floor
There is not enough dive movement:
How to correct : take off a little when diving
Demonstrate correct technique and let them have imitate it.
Recklessness towards safety:
Remind them of safety regulations
Drill tags: beginner, dive, diving, shoot, shot, technique