Ultimate Drill Demonstration
- Have three or more players stand together on a start line, with a finish line at a desired distance
- Number the players
- The objective is to get the disc from the start line to the finish line
- When someone is holding the disc, they may only pivot, they may not walk or run
- Player 1 starts with the disc; they may only throw to Player 2. Player 2 can only throw to Player 3, and so on. The last player can only throw to Player 1.
- Players can move freely, but must stand still to receive the disc.
- All players must throw the disc at least once before reaching the finish line
- Encourage players to focus on the skills that they have learned, particularly the pivoting, throwing and catching skills
- Players should be reminded that they are not allowed to move when they have the disc
- Players are encouraged to call the name of the player that they are throwing to.
- Introduce 1 defensive player
- Introduce a time limit of 30 seconds to get the disc from one end to the other without dropping the disc
- Continue to add additional defenders, or reduce the time limit, to push the players