Soccer Drill Demonstration
- Make a small and narrow pitch with two goals each end and a halfway line marked with cones.
- Two goalkeepers each end and up to 3 players on each team.
- Players take shots at from behind the halfway line and keep a tally of the score.
- Goalkeepers can score with volleys or throws.
- When a goal is scored, goalkeeper rotates out and a player goes in goal.
- The Goalkeeper needs to get into a position where they have good sight of the ball.
- Goalkeeper to use communication to direct players to block the ball. Or prevent a shot with an assertive tone.
- Goalkeeper to create balance and compactness when out of possession.
- Introduce a floating player in the middle who can set the goalkeepers.
- Have only one goalkeeper that can use their hands and must be nominated after every goal.
- Play a small sided game where attacking players can only go in their own half apart from a striker in the opposition who can only score rebounds.