Soccer Drill Demonstration
- 4 Goalkeepers working in a square. 1 main goal and 3 others marked with cones.
- Goalkeeper 1 plays volley into the Goalkeeper in the opposite goal.
- Goalkeeper 2 plays ball back to Goalkeeper 1 by rolling the ball on the ground.
- Goalkeeper one then passes to Goalkeeper 3.
- Goalkeeper 3 takes a touch and then shoots at Goalkeeper 4 in the main goal.
- Rotate clockwise after every sequence and change the start point so that the Goalkeepers get used to receiving from both sides.
- There are multiple gains from this activity and it can work a number of goalkeepers. If there are 5 goalkeepers put one in the middle to pressure Goalkeeper 3.
- With older/more experienced Goalkeepers increase the distance and type of serve between Goalkeeper 1 and Goalkeeper 2.
- Observe Goalkeeper 3- Do they drop off at a good angle to receive the ball. Body shape open to come out the other side.
- Ensure a good set to be able to clear the ball long if necessary.
Goalkeeper 1 or Goalkeeper 2 can pressure Goalkeeper 3 after the ball is played.