Soccer Drill Demonstration
- Start with one Goalkeeper, 3 defenders and 2 attackers. Set up 2 mini goals outside and wide of the penalty box.
- Ball is played back to the Goalkeeper from one of the defending team.
- As soon as the ball is played back the attacking team are live and can apply pressure.
- Goalkeeper passes out to defending team who pass back again to Goalkeeper. The aim is to get 2 back passes in.
- Once 2 back passes have been achieved, a shot at 1 of the 2 mini goals can be taken.
- If the attacking team intercept, they are able to take a shot at the mini goals straight away.
- Once one sequence has been achieved, rotate Goalkeeper.
- Do not allow the attacking team to be too aggressive initially so that the drill does not break down and player get a feel for it.
- Goalkeepers to move around the area to always offer an outlet and try and switch play away from the congested area.
- Defenders need to drop wide and ensure they are seen by the Goalkeeper.
- 3rd defender mimics the midfielder offering support in the centre of the pitch.
Increase the intensity by removing a defender so that it is now 2v2. Attackers will now create more of a challenge and the Goalkeeper will have to work harder to become the outlet.