Soccer Drill Demonstration
- GK starts in centre of the goal and a row of cones are placed to one side of the goal.
- With quick feet the GK flicks one of the cones with their leading hand and quickly gets into set position to make a save.
- Really important the GK returns their hands to the set position as soon as possible. Hands away from the body at 90 degrees. Palms facing the ball.
- Try and keep the head still and watching the ball at all times.
- Weight of the goallkeeper needs to be forward to avoid collapsing backwards into the net.
Drill tags: cone flicks reaction save, quick feet