Mini-games and Warm Up Drills
This plan is one to print and keep, with 10 warm up drills and games you can use as fun pulse raisers to prepare your players, mentally and physically!
These active warm ups are split into four categories, so you can always be sure of having a game to warm up your players, with and without the ball.:
- Tag and Catch Games,
- Speed Drills,
- Dodging and Fast Movement and
- Position Passing and Running
Use this plan to add the wow factor to your regular warm ups or pre-match routine!
Benefits of a thorough warm up:
"Why do we need to warm up?"
- Warming up releases adrenaline
- It increases players' heart rate
- Enables oxygen in the blood to travel with greater speed
- Increases production of synovial fluid located between the joints to reduce friction, allowing players' joints to move more efficiently!