Handball Drill Demonstration
Pass B3-B2-B1 who throws at the goal.
B2 + B3 catch and pass in forward motion.
Defender starts where the ball starts and he moves sideward to shot position.
B1 feints a normal (high) center shot, but throws with a hip high shot.
- distance to opponent : arm length
- arm lifted to shoulder height, backwards, height as if to make a normal center shot
- hand should be sidewards, like you want to sweep the floor with the side of your hand
- let go of the ball and point to the direction you want to throw it
- Defender acts as if to block the normal center shot by holding his arms high to give space for the shot at hip height.
- Defender holds arms high OR low : attaquer has to make a choice : center shot normal OR hip height.
- Defender is really active to prevent throwing