TRANSFORM YOUR TEAM'S SEASON WITH PROFESSIONALLY PLANNED SESSIONS
Use our expert plans or build your own using our library of over 700+ drills, and easy-to-use tools.JOIN NOW
how do you throw the ball with power?
This is a simple drill to improve the power of your throws. Work hard to get the ball to reach the player at the other side of the court.
As you progress you should try to reduce the loft of the ball and get the ball flying low and fast.
Hope this helps.
1. First of all: use the right shooting technique when doing power training!! The wrong technique can cause serious injury!
2. Regard powertraining as powertraining in a fitness room: work in series and repetitions. (e.g. 5 series of 10 throws)
3. Powertraining 1: static power: stand in a doorway as if you are throwing: hand at head height, push with all your force against the door post for 10 seconds, relax for 10 seconds and repeat 5/6/8/10 times according to your ability. Well trained do another series of 8/10 pushes.
4. Tie a fitness elastic band head height: Make throwing movements. Series and repetitions: 2/3 series of 10-15 pulls)
5. Throw with all your force and with the correct technique with different balls of different weighst and sizes. (tennisballs, medicine balls etc). If you have 3 different balls: start with the lightest one, throw 8/10 shots (at the wall/thick mat), 10 throws with a normal handball, 10 throws with a heavier ball, 10x with a handball, 10x with a medicine ball, 10x times with a handball.
6. Throw 3 series of 10 shot with all force from your own position on the pitch.
Stretching to relax and cool down.
Create a resolution to develop your coaching confidence by seizing the opportunity to discover new drills, turn ideas into action and seek advice from the coaching community.
World Rugby has reportedly conceded Aaron Smith's disallowed try in the World Cup final should have stood.
"It is not only useful for staff who are experienced but a valuable tool for those subject staff who have to take teams."
Give it a try - it's better in the app