Soccer Drill Demonstration
Objective: To change the direction of attack by turning in a small sided game.
- Half pitch practice with 4 goals (as shown in diagram).
- Split the group into 2 teams of 8 with no GK's.
- Play 8 v 8 with each team attacking and defending 2 goals.
- Emphasis on changing the direction of attack my turning towards another goal.
- When in possession stretch the play and play forward when possible.
- Change the direction of play with a turn quickly and fluidly.
- Body position to protect ball when performing turn.
Drill tags: change of direction, conditioned game, dribbling, football, small sided game, soccer