Handball Drill Demonstration
6 cones in all, 1 at every 5 mtrs.
Two players start at the same time and keep the same speed.
Run to cone 1, run AROUND it and run back to cone1 again, then run to cone 3 and back again, etc.
- running, swinging right arm forward
- running, swinging left arm forward
- running, swinging right arm backward
- running, swinging left arm backward
- running, swinging both arms forward
- running, swinging both arms backward
- sidesteps + half a turn after 3 sidesteps
- sidesteps + swinging arms
- running : lifting up knees high
- running : heels to bottom
- hop-scotch left
- hop-scotch right
- hop-scotch left-left-right-left-left etc
- skate-run : left-right slightly sideward as if you were skating
- hopping on both legs
- hop on two legs : one forward, one short one backwards and right away forward with a big jump again
- sideward : one leg behind the other : crossing over
- running : + 3 jumps vertically at the cones
- sprint 50%
All drills should take between (minimum) 5 or 10 minutes (maximum).
Players should be in motion at a speed in which they can talk to each other.
Average heart rate should be not higher than 140 beats per minute.