Handball Drill Demonstration
Five players from the attacking team position themselves around the goal area line so that they stretch the defenders. Each of them should be man-marked from a distance by the five white players.
The attacking blue players pass the ball in the following order:
Blue1 - Blue2 - Blue3 - Blue4.
After passing the ball blue1 runs to the center and sets a screen in front of Blue6.
Blue4 now has a decision to make. They can:
- Take the shot themself
- Pass to Blue1
- Pass to Blue6
- Pass to Blue5
From this point the drill is live.
Power play situations :
- Agree on what to do when in possession (often 2 times within 2 minutes penalty time)
- Change players to increase success. Put your best players on their best position.
- Organisation phase should be a phase of rest : safe ball ways without risky passes.
- Players widely spread to make spaces larger between defenders.
- Once you start the concept : play passes fast so defence has to work a lot.
- Back court players run forward on full speed to have enough pressure on the defense.
- Passes to pivot only if there is no risk at all of losing possession.