Handball Drill Demonstration
Blue players 1, 2 and 4 pass the ball in the following order:
- Blue1- Blue2- Blue4- Blue2
Just before blue2 receives the pass from blue4 the two players closest to the 6m line (blue3 and blue6) should set screens on their defenders (white2 and white3).
These screens will prevent the two defenders from moving to block the shot from blue2.
Power play situations:
- Agree on what to do when in possession (often 2 times within 2 minutes penalty time)
- Change players to increase success. Put your best players on their best position.
- Organisation phase should be a phase of rest : safe ball ways without risky passes.
- Players widely spread to make spaces larger between defenders.
- Once you start the concept : play passes fast so defence has to work a lot.
- Back court players run forward on full speed to have enough pressure on the defense.
- Passes to pivot only if there is no risk at all of losing possession.