Handball Drill Demonstration
Defender 1 starts on the right.
When attacker 2 passes to 1 and receives the ball back het moves with sidesteps to attacker 2. Moves forward and tries to defend the break through of 2.
Then defender 1 quickly goes to the right again and blocks the goalshot by attacker 4.
8 actions of the defender, then change positions.
defending in a personal duel
- arms are slightly bent
- arms in front of you
- prevent attackers to come into between your arms
- move sidewards along with your attacker and stay between goal and attacker
- put counter pression onto the attacker's movements
- feet movements are most important together with slightly stretched arms
- never jump, keep close contact with the floor
- fore-arms nearly next to eachother
- elbows bent towards eachother
- look in betweem you almost closed fore-arms, in this way the ball can never hit your face
- keep enough muscle tension on the arms and fingers