Handball Drill Demonstration
Player 1 passes left to player 6 (in the goal area) and then runs out to receive the return pass. After receiving the ball player 1 must feint their way past the static defender (player 2) onto their throwing side (right handers - right side).
Once they have got round the defender they pass to the next player in line who repeats this drill (passing left to player 5).
Right handers should make a 0-step landing (catching the ball when still in the air and then stepping around the defender to pass on their strong side (right side for right handers).
Pass over at the side of your throwing arm (right hander)
- catch the ball in the air
- land on both feet at the same time (feet should shoulder width apart) and knees slightly bent
- stay away arm length from your defender and keep still for a very short moment to 'fix' your defender
- 1st step : small one to the left to feint (dummy) that you want to pass over at that side
- 2nd step : should be a fast, aggressive one with your right foot, along side the defender
choose your own continuation (pass or shoot)