Handball Drill Demonstration
Dribble towards the defenders , jump in between and throw at the goal.
Go to the other group.
Defenders let it happen to help the attackers train their shot.
- 3 step rythm (right handers : left,right,left and left handers : right,left,right)
- 2 step or even in 1 step
- jumping off : left handers : right foot, right handers : left foot
- jump off with your 'wrong' foot (1,2,3 steps)
- final step is explosive and large
- in the air the hip should go backward together with the throwing arm
- pull up other leg until upper leg is horizontal
- land on the same leg as you jumped off
- To begin with the defender should be fairly passive - allowing attackers to have their shot on goal with only minimal pressure.
- However, as the drill progresses the defender can up the pressure.
- Attackers can also attempt to use a feint (dummy) to fool the defender and get a clear shot on goal.