Handball Drill Demonstration
On the coach's call an attacker and a defender both set off and run around the cone.
The defender is trying to get around the cone quicker than the attacker so that they can get in front of them and hinder their shot (no tackling).
Once around the cone the attacker should aim to get a jump shot off on goal.
- 3 step rythm (right handers : left,right,left and left handers : right,left,right)
- 2 step or even in 1 step
jumping off : left handers : right foot, right handers : left foot
- jump off with your 'wrong' foot (1,2,3 steps)
- final step is explosive and large
- in the air the hip should go backward together with the throwing arm
- pull up other leg until upper leg is horizontal
- land on the same leg as you jumped off
- add a defender who acts passively, only moves a bit from side to side
- add two defenders : defenders should act passively as attackers come in at high speed. The two defenders should leave just enough space for the attacker.
Drill tags: attacking, jump, jumping, offence, score, shoot, shot, throw