Handball Drill Demonstration
Two teams with an equal amount of balls.
Aim of the game is to get the balls across the field to the other side, doing so by dribbling.
When dribbling a defender tries to snatch the balls away.
When your ball is snatched you must go back to the starting point and try again.
Which team succeeds to get 5 balls across ?
pay only attention to the complete technical movement
Only general corrections
- ball must bounce up between hip and chest height
- dribbling must go in accordance with the pace rhythm
- when dribbling push ball diagonally front wards
mistakes often made
- ball bounces up too high
- ball bounces up too low
- dribbling in front of the body in stead of slightly sidewards of the body
- hand must touch the ball just over the horizantal midline of the ball (equator)
- not only look at the ball but also at you opponents and fello teammates
defend the ball when dribbling
- put your hand in between the ball and the opponent's hand when you hear the ball bounce the floor
- attack your opponent from the side he is dribbling the ball
- dribble with left hand