Handball Drill Demonstration
Dribbling the ball, players take it in turns to run forward to the defender.
When they get close (around 2-1 meters away) they should jump off, in front of the defender, and throw at the goal.
Defender must try and block the shot.
- final step is explosive and large
- in the air the hip should go backward together with the throwing arm
- pull up other leg until upper leg is horizontal
- land on the same leg as you jumped off
- To begin with the defender should be fairly passive - allowing attackers to have their shot on goal with only minimal pressure.
- However, as the drill progresses the defender can up the pressure.
- Attackers can also attempt to use a feint (dummy) to fool the defender and get a clear shot on goal.
Drill tags: dummy, feint, jump, jumping, shoot, shot, unleash the fury